Wednesday, December 8, 2010

A Note From Melissa

Dear Families,

I know the question that's been on your mind ... "HOW CAN I HELP with WPPA?" Okay. So perhaps that's not the question on your mind. But I'm asking anyway!

As we look towards the spring and towards next year, we know that there are a few key positions that need to be filled. Three of the positions are on the WPPA Executive Board.

As I have shared, this is my third and final year as president. At the end of this year, I will pass the baton to the more-than-capable hands of our fabulous VP, Julie Pierce. We are looking for a VP to work with the board -- one who might consider transitioning into the role of president in a few years after Julie is done. Our wonderful secretary Teri Anderson has volunteered her time for two years and will also be done after this year. In addition, we would like to add one more board position to make it a group of five people.

In addition to the board positions, we are also looking to fill a few coordinator positions for next year. Perhaps YOU are the perfect person to fill it? Please get in touch with me if you are interested in finding more about any of these roles!

Everyone is so busy ... I know! But as a wholly volunteer-run organization, WPPA depends on the time that people so graciously give towards the wonderful work we're able to do. It all helps Wilshire Park be the amazing school it is. I for one am so grateful for the opportunity to help -- and for all the ways my own children benefit from being a part of a school community with active, involved families!

Warmly,

Melissa Gutierrez Nelson
WPPA President